Transportation and Parking Services is pleased to announce a new app for scheduling your on-demand bus service between campuses. Effective January 25, 2021, TransLoc will be replacing TapRide for scheduling on-demand rides between campuses powered by Lehigh University’s Transportation Department bus drivers. We’re excited to be able to provide added benefits to users through TransLoc.
Benefits to campus:
- TransLoc will give campus users the ability to travel between all of our campuses.
- TransLoc will operate evenings and weekends when the amount of passengers going between campuses decreases, allowing for a more sustainable transportation solution.
- TransLoc will grant AccessLU (accessibility shuttle) users access to additional bus stops - allowing drop-offs to be as close to their building as possible.
- Current AccessLU users will have immediate access to AccessLU service options upon downloading the app and logging in.
Hours of Operation:
As was TapRide, TransLoc will be available for on-demand bus service to all of campus Monday through Friday from 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM, and Saturday through Sunday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
AccessLU users may utilize TransLoc for on-demand bus service Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM - 12:00 AM, and Saturday through Sunday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM.
How to use TransLoc MicroTransit app:
- Download the TransLoc MicroTransit app and login using your Lehigh University credentials.
- Create an account.
- Add your phone number to your account for better communication with your driver.
To request a pickup:
- Open the TransLoc app.
- Tap the "OnDemand" icon.
- Swipe to the appropriate service.
- Tap the "Booking Available" button.
- Tap "Set Pick-up Address" and select your location from the dropdown list.
- Tap "Set Drop-off Address" and select your location from the dropdown list.
- If you want the next available bus, tap "REQUEST RIDE". If you want to schedule your ride for a later date/time (maximum of 7 days in advance), tap on "Desired Pickup: ASAP", set your desired pick up date and time and tap "Done".
- Once you’ve tapped "REQUEST RIDE", sit back and track your ride!
Please note: Please be at the pick-up point five minutes before the estimated arrival time.
We are thrilled to be PILOTING this system. Should you have any questions, concerns or comments about how the system is operating, please email: email@example.com. Effective January 25, 2021, you may delete the TapRide app from your mobile device.
Thank you to all on-demand users who have provided us with feedback so that we may improve service offerings for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with continued feedback.