AccessLU: Lehigh's Accessibility Shuttle
This accessibility shuttle provides pick-up/drop-off at University parking facilities and buildings as requested through our TransLoc app for those with injuries, permanent disabilities, or other accessibility limitations. AccessLU users may utilize TransLoc for on-demand bus service Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM - 12:00 AM, and Saturday through Sunday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM.
- Service for those with injuries, permanent disabilities, or other accessibility limitations
- Pick-up/drop-off at University parking facilities and buildings as requested
- Service to car-free areas of campus
- Service to inaccessible locations such as Rathbone and Centennial I residential facilities.
- Service from between any Lehigh University campus building or parking facility
- Wheelchair lift
- Daily repeat service as scheduled with AccessLU
- On-Demand Service (on a first-come first-serve basis)
How to use the TransLoc MicroTransit app:
All on-demand rides, including those for AccessLU should be requested through the "TransLoc MicroTransit" app. While anyone on campus may use TransLoc MicroTransit for on-demand bus service during operating hours, AccessLU users must have prior approval to be granted AccessLU service options.
- Download the "TransLoc MicroTransit" app and login using your Lehigh University credentials.
- Create an account.
- Add your phone number to your account for better communication with your driver.
To request a pickup:
- Open the TransLoc app
- Tap the "OnDemand" icon
- Swipe to the appropriate service (AccessLU Weekday or Weekend Service)
- Tap the "Booking Available" button
- Tap "Set Pick-up Address" and select your location from the dropdown list
- Tap "Set Drop-off Address" and select your location from the dropdown list
- If you want the next available bus, tap "REQUEST RIDE". If you want to schedule your ride for a later date/time (maximum of 7 days in advance), tap on "Desired Pickup: ASAP", set your desired pick up date and time and tap "Done".
- Once you’ve tapped "REQUEST RIDE", sit back and track your ride!
Please note: Please be at the pick-up point five minutes before the estimated arrival time.
We are thrilled to be PILOTING this system. Should you have any questions, concerns or comments about how the system is operating, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Effective January 25, 2021, you may delete the TapRide app from your mobile device if you were using it previously for on-demand bus service.
AccessLU users may utilize TransLoc for on-demand bus service:
Monday - Friday: 6:30 AM - 12:00 AM
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM.
Those with a valid Lehigh University ID with a state-issued Disability Plate or hangtag or a Lehigh issued hangtag may utilize AccessLU. Please provide a copy of your state issued disability permit, placard, or plate to our Parking office. Copies may be scanned to email@example.com.
Please call (610) 758-4410 to request daily repeat service or on-demand service.
For information on how to obtain a Lehigh issued hangtag, please click here.