***Update on Packages Currently at the Mail Center***
Due to the unprecedented and unanticipated move to remote learning by the University, the Mail Center will be shipping home all domestic packages currently being held in the Mail Center at no cost to the students. This includes any packages that we receive until March 31, 2020. For packages that we receive ON OR AFTER April 1, 2020, there will be a shipping fee charged. Please be sure to change ALL shipping addresses on online orders to your home address ASAP.
As international packages require a customs form, we are unable to ship those to home addresses. However, can either hold international packages at the Mail Center, or we can return them to sender.
***Updated Hours of Operation and Procedures***
Students: If placing an online order through a retailer (such as Amazon), please be sure that your shipping address has been changed to your home address.
Monday – Friday
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Procedure – Package and Mail Pick-Up
- Please swipe your ID cards on the kiosks, which will be stationed outside of the entrance to the Mail Center (weather permitting).
- Please proceed to the designated waiting area for packages.
- The staff will bring packages to the counter and ask to see the your ID. The staff will then give you your package.
We will allow no more than 3 customers in the Mail Center at one time.
- Retail customers will be asked to place mail or packages on the scale and then step back behind the green line on the floor.
- If the customer needs to provide shipping address information, they will fill out a form on the far counter and then give the form to the staff member.
- The staff member will then process the mailing label and ask the customer to complete payment.
Please know that we are currently working on options for you to ship items home and ways to store your items until next semester. We will provide further updates as soon as they are available.
We will start forwarding all eligible packages Tuesday, March 17. Eligible packages are USPS packages originally sent as First Class mail, Priority mail and Express mail. This will be done at no cost. For all other package types, we will provide further updates as soon as they are available.
The Mail Center houses and/or sorts all incoming mail and packages for Lehigh students. In addition to being the campus post office for students, it also serves as a retail shipping location for Southside Bethlehem. We offer UPS, Fed Ex and USPS shipping options. The Mail Center is conveniently located in Farrington Square across from the Lehigh University Bookstore.