Transportation and Parking Services is pleased to announce a new app for scheduling your on-demand bus service between campuses. Effective January 25, 2021, TransLoc will be replacing TapRide for scheduling on-demand rides between campuses powered by Lehigh University’s Transportation Department bus drivers. We’re excited to be able to provide added benefits to users through TransLoc.
Benefits to campus:
- TransLoc will give campus users the ability to travel between all of our campuses.
- TransLoc will operate evenings and weekends when the amount of passengers going between campuses decreases, allowing for a more sustainable transportation solution.
- TransLoc will grant AccessLU (accessibility shuttle) users access to additional bus stops - allowing drop-offs to be as close to their building as possible.
- Current AccessLU users will have immediate access to AccessLU service options upon downloading the app and logging in.
Hours of Operation:
As was TapRide, TransLoc will be available for on-demand bus service to all of campus Monday through Friday from 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM, and Saturday through Sunday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
AccessLU users may utilize TransLoc for on-demand bus service Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM - 12:00 AM, and Saturday through Sunday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM.
How to use TransLoc MicroTransit app:
- Download the TransLoc MicroTransit app and login using your Lehigh University credentials.
- Create an account.
- Add your phone number to your account for better communication with your driver.
To request a pickup:
- Open the TransLoc app.
- Tap the "OnDemand" icon.
- Swipe to the appropriate service.
- Tap the "Booking Available" button.
- Tap "Set Pick-up Address" and select your location from the dropdown list.
- Tap "Set Drop-off Address" and select your location from the dropdown list.
- If you want the next available bus, tap "REQUEST RIDE". If you want to schedule your ride for a later date/time (maximum of 7 days in advance), tap on "Desired Pickup: ASAP", set your desired pick up date and time and tap "Done".
- Once you’ve tapped "REQUEST RIDE", sit back and track your ride!
Please note: Please be at the pick-up point five minutes before the estimated arrival time.