General Information and Instructions
Please note that the Mail Center has moved to 1 Farrington Square, Suite 200 - Above The Lehigh Store!
For the 2022-23 academic year, the Mail Center will begin accepting student packages on August 1, 2022. Please write "FYS" on the package to identify it as a first-year student package.
The packages will not be delivered to your room; you must pick up the packages from the Mail Center when you arrive on campus.
The Mail Center does not accept packages weighing more than 70 lbs. Packages over 70 lbs. are delivered to Building J at the Mountaintop Campus. For more information on size restrictions and weight of parcels, please check your preferred carrier's website.
If you have any questions regarding packages or mailing services, please call the Mail Center at (610)-758-4193.
First students receive their mailbox numbers in early August via a letter home. Your mailbox number is yours to utilize regardless of living location AND will remain your mailbox until you graduate.
Below is a sample of how to format your address on packages and mail.
Box #### (your mailbox number)
1 Farrington Square, Suite 200
Bethlehem, PA 18015
It is important that you DO NOT put P.O. before the box number. This will redirect all mail to the local post office, not Lehigh University.
Picking up mail/packages from the Mail Center
- Simply visit the Mail Center and approach one of the kiosks.
- Swipe your Lehigh ID at one of the kiosks and select whether you want to pick up your mail/package now OR pick it up later. (Please select cancel to pick up later).
- If you select to pick up your mail/package now, our staff will be notified through our automated system and your mail/package will be brought to you at the counter.
IMPORTANT: Please have your Lehigh ID ready for verification.
What if I live in Southside Commons?
All undergraduates are assigned mailboxes at the Mail Center, regardless of where they live. If you choose to send mail and packages to the Mail Center, make sure you use the 1 Farrington Square, Suite 200 address. Students that live in Southside Commons also have access to a mailroom inside of building. To have packages delivered directly to Southside Commons, please use your Southside Commons address.
The Mail Center has been piloting a new self-service package pick-up option for students (similar to self-service pick-up seen in Chipotle or Panera). The self-service pick-up option is now available to all students. Students will be notified when they receive a package and will be given the option of picking it up from the self-service shelf or from Mail Center staff at the counter. The self-service shelf is under video surveillance at all times.
How to Use the Self-Service Package Pick-Up option:
- Students will be notified when they receive a package and will be given the option of picking it up from the“Self-Service Shelf”.
- Upon receiving a package notification, you may choose to pick up the package from the “Self-Service Shelf” by clicking on the link provided and clicking “submit”. This form is pre-filled for your convenience and will notify us of your preference.
- When you arrive to pick up your package, simply swipe your student ID card at the kiosk in the left corner of the Mail Center. You must have your Lehigh ID to pick up your packages.
Please read and follow the instructions on the kiosk:
- Swipe Lehigh ID card
- Tap "view items" to see items available for pick up from shelf
- Submit form
- Take your package(s)
If you have chosen not to use the “Self-Service Shelf” to pick up your package, please proceed to the Mail Center, swipe your student ID card at the main kiosk, and proceed to the pick-up counter where a staff member will bring you your package(s).
This new option was developed based on student feedback over the last year. We value your input and welcome any and all additional feedback.
Package pick-up lockers have been installed on the 4th floor of Hitch House for your convenience. As a resident of Hitch, Maida, or Singleton House, you will be able to utilize the lockers for picking up your Mail Center packages.
Pick-Up Instructions and Process:
- Your package will arrive first at the Lehigh University Mail Center in Farrington Square.
- Provided a locker space is available, your package will be rerouted to the package lockers on the 4th floor of Hitch House.
- You will receive TWO email notifications:
- Notification that your package has been scanned into the Mail Center.
- Notification that your package has been placed in the package lockers for pick-up. This second email will contain a barcode which you will use to retrieve your package.
- At the lockers, please scan your barcode using the locker’s barcode scanner on the kiosk.
- The locker containing your package will automatically open. Please retrieve your own package and do not share your barcode.
- Please pick your package up promptly to free a space for the next student.